Workgroup on Health Statistics for the 21st Century
The Workgroup will collaborate with the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) and the DHHS Data Council in developing the 21st century vision for health statistics, specifying the vision, and designing the roadmap for implementing the vision. The Workgroup, in collaboration with NCHS and the Data Council, will accomplish this charge through engaging in a broad consultative process with national, state, and local health statistics producers and users in order to identify forthcoming health trends and health statistics needs. The consultative process will include:
- National, state, and local discussion groups;
- Regional public hearings;
- Working sessions with experts in health statistics and related fields;
- Committee on National Statistics\National Academy of Sciences workshop;
- Commissioned papers;
- Presentations at professional meetings; and
- Review of Workgroup provisional report by professional associations, other experts, and key stakeholders.
Workgroup products will include an interim report and a final report, which will include a roadmap to accomplish the 21st century vision for health statistics and recommendations for multiple sectors and levels of government. These reports will reflect the Workgroup’s consultative process.
Last Update: September 10, 2002