All official NCVHS documents including meeting transcripts are posted on the NCVHS Website (http://www.ncvhs.hhs.gov/lastmntr.htm)
Department of Health and Human Services
NATIONAL COMMITTEE ON VITAL AND HEALTH STATISTICS
Subcommittee on Standards and Security
September 21 – 22, 2005
National Center for Health Statistics, Auditorium A & B
The National Committee on Vital and Health Statistics Subcommittee on Standards and Security was convened on September 21-22, 2005 at the National Center for Health Statistics in Hyattsville, MD. The meeting was open to the public and was broadcast live on the Internet.
- Jeffrey S. Blair, M.B.A., Co-Chairman
- Harry Reynolds, Co-Chairman
- Simon P. Cohn, M.D.
- Stan M. Huff, M.D.
- Judith Warren, Ph.D., R.N.
Staff and Liaisons
- Maria Friedman, D.B.A., CMS, Lead Staff
- Vivian Auld, NLM
- Jorge Ferrer, MD, VA
- J. Michael Fitzmaurice, Ph.D., AHRQ
- Wanda Govan-Jenkins, NCHS/CDC
- Donna Pickett, NCHS/CDC
- Steven J. Steindel, Ph.D., CDC
- Roger Blauwet, RxBC Coalition
- Lynn Boyd, College of American Pathologists
- Mark N. Brueckl, AMCP
- Teri Byrne, RxHUB
- Tanisha Carino, Avalere Health LLC
- James Cimino, Columbia University
- Michael J. DeCarlo, BlueCross BlueShield
- Lorraine Fernandes, Initiate Systems, Inc.
- John Halamka, CareGroup Health Systems
- Beth Halley, Mitre Corporation
- Erika Heaton, Avalere Health LLC
- Jill G. Helm, Allscripts
- Frank A. Kyle, Jr., ADA
- Marilyn Zigmund Luke, AHIP
- Andrew Magan, CMS
- Drew Morgan, CMS
- Anthony J. Schueth, Point-of-Care Partners
- Scott Schumacher, Initiate Systems, Inc.
- Kent A. Spackman, Oregon Health and Science University
- Robin Thomashauer, CAQH
- Woodrow Wilson, III, Lockheed Martin Information Technology
- Rochelle E. Woolley, RxHUB
- Helen Yang, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Ms. Friedman will organize a Subcommittee teleconference if the claims attachment comes out.
- Mr. Reynolds, Mr. Blair, and Ms. Friedman will explore the timing of writing a letter during the break-out session of the November Committee meeting after a claims attachment teleconference.
- Mr. Reynolds, Mr. Blair, and Ms. Friedman will also seek a written overview from the Office of the National Coordinator about their activities, their RFPs, and their staffing.
The next Subcommittee hearing will be held on December 7-8, 2005. Topics will include the ROI of HIPAA, the e-prescribing regulation, the e-prescribing pilot awards, and further discussion with CHI about their allergy recommendation.
All official NCVHS documents are posted on the NCVHS Website.
Topics and Presenters
Wednesday, September 21, 2005
- Matching Patients to their Records
- John Halamka, MD
- Lorraine Fernandes, RHIA
- Teri Byme, RxHUB
- Update on Key Issues: CORE Project – Robin Thomashauer, CAQH
- Update on Key Issues: CHI – Beth Halley, R.N., M.B.A.
- Update on Key Issues: E-Prescribing Pilot – Maria Friedman, D.B.A., CMS
- Katrina Update – Steve Steindel, Ph.D., CDC
Thursday, September 22, 2005
- Secondary Uses of Clinical Data
- Kent A. Spackman, M.D., Ph.D.
- James Cimino, Ph.D.
See official transcript for full subcommittee discussion.